At this time, users aren't able to upload files themselves, but we are happy to upload recordings for you on a one-off basis.
For the Avoma Customer Success team to upload a meeting recording, the following information is needed:
- Share the file in mp3, wav, avi, mp4, or mkv via email, Google Drive, or Dropbox. (maximum size limit for the file is 2GB.)
- Provide the email address of the Avoma user for whom this meeting will be recorded.
- The title of the meeting.
The CSM will reach out to make the connection.
This special circumstance is a response to these types of support requests:
- Can i I can upload a recording from a colleague's Zoom that was not affiliated with our Avoma account to be accessible in Avoma?
- We have a recording from Zoom that we would like to be uploaded to Avoma retroactively. Can you help me with that?
- Is it possible to upload a recording of a meeting that wasn't recorded in Avoma?
- I accidentally stopped the recording for this meeting and then started it again afterwards. Is there a way for me to upload the recording from my computer into Avoma for sharing purposes?
- Is it possible to upload locally hosted zoom recordings to Avoma?