If you wish to upload a meeting into Avoma, you can do so from the Meetings page.
There could be a variety of reasons that you wish to upload a previously recorded meeting into Avoma. To accommodate this, use the Upload Recording button on the Meetings workbench.
- Click on the Upload Recording icon in the top right corner.
- Browse to find the file that you wish to upload into Avoma
File formats include: mp4/avi/mkv | Audio - mp3/wav
- Update the known recording details,
Including the meeting name and purpose & outcome (if available)
- Click Submit.
Note: Following this recording submission, Avoma will process the call, create the associated transcription, and AI-generated notes from the template that was associated with named Purpose (if it was supplied).
Note: If you have a large set of recordings that you wish to upload, reach out to your Avoma Customer Success Manager or Avoma Support to learn about your options.
This special circumstance is a response to these types of support requests:
- Can i I can upload a recording from a colleague's Zoom that was not affiliated with our Avoma account to be accessible in Avoma?
- We have a recording from Zoom that we would like to be uploaded to Avoma retroactively. Can you help me with that?
- Is it possible to upload a recording of a meeting that wasn't recorded in Avoma?
- I accidentally stopped the recording for this meeting and then started it again afterwards. Is there a way for me to upload the recording from my computer into Avoma for sharing purposes?
- Is it possible to upload locally hosted zoom recordings to Avoma?